Thursday 4 December 2008

the ultimate bob the builder

when barack obama won the US presidential election, a lot of my friends on facebook made comments about america being run by bob the builder. i didnt realise obama had been using bob's catch-phrase, but what disturbed me was that some people left comments to the effect of 'who?' not knowing who bob the builder was. i have a four year old son. i will never have that problem.

ive been thinking recently though, that before obama stole bob's catch-phrase, bob stole it from someone else.

sometimes things happen in our lives that we cannot comprehend. we cant understand the reason behind it. sometimes things go so wrong that we cant even begin to imagine how to put things straight.

but there is one who can, if we ask.

our lives dont always go according to plan. our plan that is. i didnt plan on being pregnant before i was 22, unmarried and half a world away from my family. to be honest, i didnt plan on being pregnant at all. ever. i looked at my life, at all the problems i had, at how i dealt with things, and decided i wasnt cut out to be a mother. i didnt want to inflict my insecurities and issues on some poor sweet little person who would look to me for everything. so i decided never to marry. someone had other plans for me.

someone knew exactly how my life would play out, before i was born. before my parents were born. before this world came into existence. someone knows what will happen to me in ten minutes, an hour, a week, a year, a decade... someone knows exactly what will happen to me and around me, for ever.

it might not be what i want, it might not necessarily be what He wants (sex before marriage = bad. still happened, and He knew it would), but it is what He knows. and when things go wrong in my life, when i am suffering, and scared, and dont know what to do, there is someone who does.

if there is one thing in this life that i am absolutely certain of, it is that when everything is broken and in my life is in pieces, there is someone i can call out to, who knows all my pain, and sorrow, and all my joy and gladness too. someone who is great beyond all reasoning, and who knows exactly how to set things straight.

can He fix it? yes, He can.

0 reactions: