Tuesday 20 November 2007

hello. my name is sarah.

blogger informs me i have 99 posts. that would make this number 100. ever wanted to know far too much about me?

i didnt think so.

but my son is bashing and crashing not so quietly in the other room, and i dont want to disturb his peace.

feel free to run away at any time.

since i dont know what to write and will ramble.

a lot.

in a nonsensical manner.


  1. my name is sarah. (as if you didnt get that from the title.)
  2. the year i was born it was THE MOST POPULAR girls name. because of royal people getting married. oddly, my parents have the most likely parents names or that year too.
  3. i was not named because of the royal.
  4. i was named after my mothers paternal grandmother.
  5. as a child (and still, really, i suppose) i wasnt too fond of my name.
  6. when playing pretend, i always chose the name emma.
  7. i recently found out my great grandmother was called sarah emma.
  8. obviously, my mother gave me the wrong name.
  9. i took my first plane trip at about 4 months of age.
  10. my most recent was at 23-and-a-half, with an 18 month old - his first plane trip.
  11. my son was born a month after my 22nd birthday.
  12. i was in labour for 4 hours.
  13. with only 2 panadiene and a couple heatpacks for pain relief.
  14. next time i want LOTS OF DRUGS.
  15. if there is a next time.
  16. i lost over a litre of blood having my son.
  17. wasnt that fun.
  18. i have a younger sister.
  19. my parents were technically not married when i was born - they got divorced a few years prior, and never remarried.
  20. this means i have american citizenship.
  21. i can probably also get brittish, since my dad is a pom.
  22. so is my husband. he was born in the US military wing of a hospital in oxford, england. so he has 2 birth certificates.
  23. my son, therefor, can also have 3 citizenships.
  24. arent we all fancy?
  25. i like cheese.
  26. and chocolate.
  27. and bacon
  28. but not for breakfast. it was one of my anti-cravings when i was pregnant, and my taste has never recovered.
  29. milk too. which is a pity, cause i LOVE MILK. but now it makes me sick
  30. i hardly got any cravings during my pregnancy, just anti-cravings.
  31. except mcdonalds chicken nuggets. i know, disgusting.
  32. for a while, all i could eat was green koolaid, and honey-nut cheerios.
  33. EVERYTHING else made me sick.
  34. wasnt that fun.
  35. my son loves broccoli.
  36. obviously, he isnt mine.
  37. actually, if i didnt know better, id say they swapped him at the hospital.
  38. he is the only person in my, or my husbands family, with EXTRA-SUPER-REALLY-DARK-BROWN-ALMOST-BLACK eyes.
  39. mine are greenish, so are hubbys, my mums are blue, dads are light-brown-and-blue, sisters are blue, his dads (and all his dad's side family) are greenish, his mums are blue.
  40. i have extra-super-pale skin that burns very easily and doesnt tan.
  41. kid picked up his dad's easily-tannable skin, and is already darker than me, at three years old, despite spending the same amount of time outside.
  42. did i mention my husband is almost half italian?
  43. and im a million different variations on EXTRA SUPER PALE WHITE FOLK?
  44. including english irish scottish french and polish.
  45. im so glad the kid got his daddy's tanning gene.
  46. unfortunately he also got both our hairy genes.
  47. my son already has a monobrow.
  48. and hair on his legs.
  49. and if daddy is anything to go by, i have less than a decade till he hits puberty.
  50. i am NOT doing The Talk.
  51. no.
  52. NO.
  53. i have already told hubby this.
  54. he laughed at me.
  55. did i mention i love him?
  56. i get up at 6:15 in the morning to make him lunch.
  57. then i go back to bed till i can function.
  58. or i get woken up by a three year old.
  59. i am not a morning person.
  60. and im not really a night person.
  61. because i need SO. MUCH. SLEEP.
  62. seriously.
  63. i cannot function on less than 9 hours.
  64. 12 is better.
  65. breastfeeding, therefor, was a living nightmare.
  66. even ignoring the fact that he didnt want to feed from me.
  67. but would happily take a bottle of breastmilk from his daddy.
  68. and then cry if daddy tried to pass baby and bottle to mummy.
  69. didnt that make a new mother with PND feel just fantastic?
  70. i have been medication free for 18 months.
  71. and i feel fantastic.
  72. usually.
  73. christmas will be difficult.
  74. because my other baby will not be here with us.
  75. but i keep telling myself the baby is in a better place now with God.
  76. and i will try and ignore my hairdresser's enormous belly when i see her in a couple weeks.
  77. because it will just make me think of my baby again.
  78. when really, i should be enjoying the soft shiny nicely coloured hair that she gives me.
  79. instead of the soft shiny oddly coloured hair God gave me.
  80. really.
  81. cant tell if its brown or blond.
  82. or very occasionally almost red.
  83. despite being WHITE BLOND when i was a critter.
  84. unlike my kids, which is now almost the same colour as mine is without hairdresser-help.
  85. so i think hes going to be dark like his daddy.
  86. i like his daddys super-curly black hair.
  87. its pretty.
  88. i like his daddy.
  89. he makes me happy.
  90. because he BBQs really good.
  91. gee dont i just have great grammar.
  92. despite my mother being an english teacher.
  93. and my father being a lawyer.
  94. i went to university for 6 months before deciding i hated it and stopping going.
  95. then i worked for my dad for a year.
  96. i am never working for my father again.
  97. i would much rather keep my house.
  98. and raise my son.
  99. and be with my husband.
  100. and love God.

0 reactions: