Wednesday 20 June 2007

three great years

three years ago today, i was in las vegas. it was super hot, we'd had a very long car ride from lancaster (california) the day before, and jon had stayed out till 5 in the morning with his mates, while i curled up in the bed and slept, not too well if i recall. despite the heat outside, it was chilly in the room that night, and its always hard to sleep when he isnt around. added to that, the baby was making me uncomfortable. trying to use my lungs as a punching bag. did i mention i was 6 months pregnant?

crystal came to the room in the morning, along with my mum and my aunt lally, and she prettified me. curled my hair and put little ribbon roses in it, smothered me in makeup, and kicked jon out of the room. everyone took pictures during the prettification. thankfully, my dress still fit, since the critter had taken up residence in my ribcage, instead of where babies are supposed to sit, and my feet hadnt swollen yet, so my shoes fit too.

jon came to the door to tell us everyone was there, and then went downstairs. after a few minutes of trying to calm down, crystal followed, then my mum and i went down together. we walked through the lobby to the conference room, much to my embarrassment as i could hear people talking about my dress, and there was jon. and he was all i saw.

my heart, my world, my love, my jon.

on june 19th 2004, i got married to the best man in the world, who nearly cried when he saw me that day, and who has yet to convince me that i could have done better.


i love you sweetheart.

0 reactions: