Thursday 13 September 2007

my dear sweet child

a couple days ago i suddenly realised, in the midst of doing the dishes (we have a dishwasher in my house. her name is kaeus. actually we do have a dishwasher.. my dad bought it some 18 years ago and its never worked. until my son did something a couple months back and it started making noises. i dont know how to unplug it....), that my son had not made any noise for a few minutes. any-one with children knows this is cause for immediate alarm. what have they gotten into??

well i went searching through the house, rather worried, and was pleasantly surprised. he was in grandma's room, putting his pants in his laundry hamper. "i did wee-wees in toilet ALL myself!!" oh arent you just the cleverest little man in the.. what? how on EARTH did you manage to climb onto the toilet?

but he can. and has been ever since. today in the middle of breakfast he stood up and announced "i go do wee-wees in toilet all myself now" and since he hadnt done anything OTHER than that for a while.. i followed him just in case. "no no NO mummy you not following me! i go all myself!" ok darling.. i'll just wait outside the door. just in case. "ok. MUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do BIG POOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and im glad i waited. cause he hasnt mastered the toilet paper yet. climbing onto the toilet, fine. FLUSHING the toilet, fine. he can even turn on the taps to wash his hands, although he hasnt grasped the concept of soap, or figured out how to turn the taps off.... but he cant understand toilet paper.

ah well. he's only three.

0 reactions: