Sunday 26 October 2008

dude... the family resemblance...

so my mum went over to the states for a family reunion earlier this year, and she brought back with her a bunch of old family photos, and (and this is SOOO adorable) some letters her grandfather wrote to her grandmother (so.. my great-grandfather and great-grandmother?) when they were courting. SO CUTE. every letter is addressed to "my dear girlie", and talks about what he's been doing the past few days and how much he misses her. its awfully cute. apparantly, he met her at a dance, and asked her to be his date to the next one.. she agreed - on the condition he shave off his moustache!!

the pictures are amazing. as well as some photocopies, theres a CD with over 300 images on it, going back to 1910 (possibly earlier, most photos are undated), and into the early 80s (im not entirely sure how old my cousins are, but there are images of them as small children, so it cant be past 1985).

i think at some point im going to post some more of the pictures, just for the wow factor, but ill say this right now - i can tell which of the men i'm related to, because they all have the EXACT same ears as my grandad. and boy oh boy am i glad my critter didnt inherit those ears. (thats my great-grandfather in the middle. see the ears? on all of them? ALL the men in that family have those ears. ALL OF THEM.)


0 reactions: