Saturday 11 October 2008

my baby, he grows up too fast

i went to work today. it was good, but tiring.

but thats not the point.

the point is, while i was at work, my two boys got to spend time together. hubby took critter to work with him, then they went out to lunch, and then they went to the shops. and he texted me about all the things my not-so-baby-boy was doing.

apparently, as well as reading, he can do simple addition.

"daddy, you have 2 forks, and 1 knife, so thats three."

he also seems to be going through a growth spurt. i cant even begin to get my head around how much he ate today.

who snuck round behind my back and replaced my sweet little munchkin who loves giving people 'cuggies' with a big happy boy who wants to play in the dirt? well God obviously.. but still. i miss my baby. i know i'll have another one soon enough, a BABY baby, but i miss my critterbug.

i love how grown up he is when he promises to take care of me, and helps me around the house, but i miss those toothless smiles and drooly kisses, and i miss him falling asleep on my lap. he looks so grown up with his hat and his backpack when we go to preschool, and i know my heart will burst when he actually starts school, and i see him standing there in his uniform.

i kinda miss the man i married too, although im totally in love with my husband. but we've grown up so much in the last 4 years, we arent really the same people. i miss the long hair, i miss the freedom. i miss the time alone.

im sure he misses the old me a little too. the sarah that wasnt totally pre-occupied with what the kid is doing, the un-stretchmarked body. but i know he loves me just as i am. i look in the mirror and see stretchmarks and sag. he sees a beautiful wife.

hopefully his perception wont change now that he wears glasses :D

0 reactions: