Monday 13 October 2008

the human body never ceases to fascinate me

seriously. its just so.. fascinating. and weird.

i'm a fairly hairy person. not werewolfy by any means, but theres a fair amount of hair on this ever so pasty body. thing is, its all different colours. the hair on my head is a sort of dark-blond/slightly-yellowy-light-brown, generally referred to as 'fair'. my eyebrows are nearly black. my legs are super hairy, but its almost white. i wont go into details about the rest of me, but you get the idea. ive always thought it was odd...

my husband is also hairy. (side note: totally smooth and hairless guys like you see in movies and on ads are creepy. men should be hairy. thats how we know theyre men and not boys.) but unlike me, he is covered head to toe in black hair. its all the same. head, black. legs, black. chest, black. EXCEPT: his beard. there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much ginger in his beard it looks almost mid brown, and makes him look as if he's dyed his hair black. how does that happen?

im curious about my munchkin. his hair is about the same colour as mine, so he'll probably end up quite dark when he's older.. but will his body hair pattern follow me, or his dad? will he be a monotonous dark brown? or will he be a veritable rainbow of different hair colours?

he's got his father's skin. he's only 4 years old, and he's already darker than me, despite starting out just as pasty. hes got the milkman's eyes. (seriously.. where did the black come from??) he could have either of our hairiness.. since we're both hairy. and hes already proving to be hairy.

the human body is amazing and fascinating. the way it works, the way its put together. the infinite possibilities...

the God who has created it all is totally awesome.

0 reactions: